Although I am very tired, I am still gonna go to the party. 虽然我很累,我还是要去参加派对。
although,even though,though 的区别只在于位置:
although 放在开头,but 放在中间,though 后面。
I was very tired, but I went to the party. 我很累,但我还是去参加派对了。
I am very tired, I am still going to go to the party, though. 我很累,但我还是要去参加派对。
though 如果放在中间,听起来就很正式甚至带有一些诗意。
Although I was full, I still finished the dessert. 虽然我饱了,但我还是吃完甜品了。
Despite leaving late, I still got here on time. 尽管出发晚了,我还是按时到达了。
In spite of the bad traffic, I still got there on time. 尽管交通很堵塞,我还是按时到达了
despite leaving late:尽管迟出发
in spite of traffic:尽管交通堵塞
While I was working, my son was sleeping. 我在工作的时候,我儿子在睡觉。
While he is competent, he is not outstanding. 尽管他很能干,但他并不出色。后面也不能加 but
even though 后面跟的是事实, even if 后面是假设。
The football game will go on, even if it rains. 即使下雨,足球比赛也会继续进行。
Even though it's raining , the game has been continued. 尽管下着雨,比赛还是继续进行。